Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Bullseye Birthday Cake

My big brother celebrated his Golden birthday this year; he turned 31 on the 31st of May. I made him this Bullseye Cake because he is big into outdoors, hunting, archery, etc, etc; basically anything that screams BOY he is into it!
I cheated this time and used two boxed cake mixes, one white and one chocolate but mixed them myself to make it a "marble cake".



I used the Wilton Buttercream Frosting Mix and tinted it with the Wilton Gel Colors. I feel that the gel colors are a much more vibrant color than anything else I have ever used. I frosted it the night before and right before serving it, I added the black outlines with black frosting in a tube.



My wonderful husband went to our area Gander Mountain for the arrows. They were left behind in their archery target area and he cut them and cleaned them before we stuck them into the cake. We then stuck candles in the tops of them.



It turned out great and my brother just loved it! And his niece and nephew loved it as well! :)

Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com