Monday, April 6, 2009

The Louis Vuitton


This Louis Vuitton cake was made for my sister-in-law on her 27th birthday.

This was fairly simple to make; the fondant was the most time-consuming part of the whole ordeal...but well worth it! :)

This is a standard yellow cake recipe that made two 13x9 cakes. Once cooked and fully cooled, I cut each 13x9 in half to end up with four 6 1/2x9 cakes. I leveled them all off and then stacked them up. I carved it to the purse shape, covered with plastic wrap and placed in the fridge overnight.

The frosting was a Wilton Buttercream Icing mix. The rest of the decor is fondant. This was my first time using fondant and I have to say, it was pretty fun to work with! I used another Wilton product for the fondant. I have found some great make-it-yourself fondant recipes but was a little nervous to attempt that this early in the game!

All in all, I loved making this cake but loved presenting it to my sister-in-law even more!

Happy Birthday, Tricia! What will you do for my birthday?!? :) Just kidding; hope you enjoyed it!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com